July 17, 2017 – New Delhi: Education Promotion Society for India (EPSI) – Formed by a group of senior educationists, educational entrepreneurs, intellectuals, industry leaders and policy makers EPSI has assumed a catalytic role in promoting the growth and quality of education in India.
EPSI today organised a round table meeting at PHD House, New Delhi to collect the opinions and recommendations about Higher Education Empowerment Regulation Agency (HEERA) from various educational institutions present at the meeting from all over India.
Round table meeting was graced by the presence of Prof. Furqan Qamar, Secretary General, Association of Indian Universities (AIU) who was there to answer to queries from more than 75 delegates representing the leading institutions of India.
Prof Qamar mentioned couple of things and said on a very positive note that we all should try to use this platform to suggest what all should be included in the Bill.
Present of the dias were:
- Prof. Furqan Qamar, Secretary General, Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Dr. G. Vishwanathan, President EPSI & Founder Chancellor, VIT University
- Dr. M. R. Jayaram, Sr. Vice President EPSI & Founder, Ramaiah University
- Dr. H. Chaturvedi, Alternate President EPSI & Director BIMTECH
- Dr. Prashant Bhalla, Treasurer EPSI & President, Manav Rachna Educational Institutions
- Dr. Ved Prakash Mishra, Pro Chancellor & Chief Advisor, Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Science
- Mr. P K Gupta, Immediate Past President EPSI & Founder Chancellor, Sharda University
The discussion went on for about 2 hours and 30 minutes and the main speakers of the discussion